Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Gateway School! Finding the right school for your child and your family is a challenging and exciting endeavor. I look forward to helping you with this important decision.
The information you find on our website will give you an overview of our remarkable school, but the best way to learn about our exceptional learning environment is to visit our beautiful bay side campus. We provide many opportunities to visit and experience Gateway, and we encourage families to take advantage of as many of these as desired in the process of choosing a school.
- Monthly School Day Open Houses - October through April. Come and visit during a regular school day and see our dynamic kindergarten through 8th grade classrooms in action. You will receive a tour from a parent tour guide, meet our students and Head of School, and have the opportunity to ask questions of the admissions staff. RSVP’s encouraged, not required.
- Middle School Information Night - November. Come and hear how young adolescents thrive in our academically challenging and nurturing Middle School. Give your adolescent the extra attention and enriched program he/she needs to gain self-confidence during the early teen years. Meet the skilled team of Middle School teachers that will work with your child. Curriculum presentations by faculty, musical performance, displays of student work and an alumni panel of speakers included in this once-a-year program.
- Saturday K-5 Open House - January. We hold this event once per admission season. Walk through the classrooms and meet our talented faculty, hear from the specialist teachers and Head of School, be treated to a musical performance, and listen to student and alumni panelists reflect on their Gateway experience.
- Kindergarten Information Night - February. This evening event for parents highlights our exceptional kindergarten program. You will hear directly from the kindergarten faculty about our approach and curriculum, and from our Head of School and current Gateway parents. Held in the kindergarten classrooms, this is a great way to experience the kindergarten first hand.
- All-School Activities and Celebrations - throughout the school year. Gateway holds many school-wide events that are open to prospective families to further explore the Gateway experience. Fall Festival, Family Science Night, International Spring Celebration and our Graduation are just a few. If you would like to receive a notice about these events, please sign up to receive our monthly Admissions E-newsletter. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Tours - If you cannot attend any of the scheduled events, we also schedule private tours. Contact the admissions office directly to schedule a tour that fits your schedule. We try to schedule tours on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. You may even want to coordinate your visit with a friend!
As a K-8 school, our main points of entry are kindergarten and middle school. However, we welcome applications at all grades where space is available. Call the admissions office to check availability. We also accept mid-year enrollments as space determines.
Contact me anytime if you have questions about our admissions process. Come visit and discover Gateway School for yourself. I look forward to meeting you!
Director of Admissions