We are moving!
We are delighted to announce that Gateway School will be moving to a new campus. Located just a mile away from our current location on the west side of Santa Cruz, the Natural Bridges campus represents an opportunity to locate our exceptional K-8 program on a property which was built and operated as a school.
Our new home will have considerably more classroom space, extensive recreational fields, communal areas for collaboration, a covered outdoor eating area, and a gym where our community can come together. There is ample space to create and grow a new Life Lab, expand the Discovery Center, and develop the campus to support our unique educational programs.
Natural Bridges is owned and maintained by Santa Cruz City Schools and they are helping to prepare the campus for our move. The improvements underway by City Schools include improving the parking lot, installing a new roof, improvements to the gym, new paint, replacing carpet, windows, lighting and other general repairs.
In the weeks and months ahead we will share more information about our exciting move on this page. Our whole community is excited and involved in planning for our school’s future. For prospective Gateway families we invite you to find out more from our Director of Admissions, Kate Hohn at email@example.com. For current Gateway families please contact board chair Paula Grainger at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- March 27, 2019 email to Gateway families with updates on site improvements.
- January 9, 2019 email to Gateway families with updates on site improvements.
- December 11, 2018 email to Gateway families with updates on the status of Gateway’s move to our new campus.
- October 3, 2018 email to Gateway families with updates on site improvements.
- August 23, 2018 email to Gateway families with updates on construction progress.
- July 12, 2018 email to Gateway families with updates on the timing of the move.
- April 11, 2018 email to Gateway families with updates on construction progress.
- March 7, 2018 email to Gateway families with updates on planning process.
- January 18, 2018 email to Gateway families announcing agreement with City Schools had been approved.
- December 14, 2017 email to Gateway families announcing the move.