Come take flight with Sierra, a seasoned birder, who is very excited to offer this class at our new campus – a natural and magical bird haven! Join Sierra as she takes science out of the classroom to discover and develop a knowledgeable and intricate relationships with the world of birds and what makes our backyard so unique!
This class will have a special focus on sea life, as coastal habitats are central feature in our new home environment. Dive into the fascinating world of a sea bird, learn about important conservation efforts to protect our coast and the species that rely on it, and even take a trip down to our local beach to explore first hand how sea birds interact with our coastline.
Skills that will be covered in this class:
- Learn how to use binoculars!
- The basics of being a field scientist
- Understanding and navigating field guides
- Identifying local bird species
- Learn the basics of detailed field note taking
- Learn about native California conservation efforts & endangered species
Class space limited to 8 students.
(Thursdays: 3/26, 4/2, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21 = 8 classes) $225.00 cost includes ASC coverage from student’s dismissal till the end of class at 4:30, at 4:40 students who have not been picked up will be checked back into after care.