Before And After Care
Gateway School’s Before and After Care programs are back!
- Before School Care begins at 8:00am and is included in tuition.
- Students can join their classroom teachers at 8:15am or continue to play until school begins at 8:30am.
- After School Care, known as Shark Squad, runs from 2:30pm–5:30pm and requires registration.
- Shark Squads are currently designed to reflect the cohort guidelines set by the school day.
- At 3:00pm, Shark Squads gather at the picnic tables for afternoon snack time.
- At 3:15pm students are provided options ranging from organized field activities to indoor craft or project time!
- Free play is always a given and homework help is offered whenever possible.
- For students who are still with us, staff will provide a light snack at 5:05pm.
- After School Care ends promptly at 5:30pm.
After School Enrichment Program
Gateway School’s After School Enrichment Program includes a variety of specialty classes that can complement After School Care (ASC) or be taken individually. The cost of each class includes child care coverage from the student’s dismissal time until the end of their class. Students remaining on campus after their class ends will be checked into ASC until a parent/guardian arrives for pick up.
The Middle School Athletics program is offered to students in 5th through 8th grades. In the past years, Gateway has offered all gender teams in Flag Football and Cross Country, Girls Basketball and Boys Basketball, and Girls Volleyball and Boys Volleyball. Teams meet three or four times after school each week for practice and games. More information can be found at the Middle School Athletics page.
Gateway is a member of the Santa Cruz County Private Schools Association (SCCPSA). The league consists of fourteen private schools stretching from Santa Cruz to Watsonville. Games are played both at home and away.
Summer at Camp Gateway
We had a FABULOUS screen-free summer – Thank You Camp Gateway 2021!
Our nine-acre campus allowed us to provide games, art, active play, makers spaces. Camper explored activities and made new friends. With everyone’s health and safety in mind, we followed the guidelines set by the Santa Cruz Health Services Agency.
Stay tuned for Camp Gateway 2022!